In Memory of Prentice (Pete) Douglas
Feb 9, 1929 - July 12, 2014
Founder - Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society
Owner - Douglas Beach House, Half Moon Bay, CA
The Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society closed after the founder and owner of the renowned jazz club, Pete Douglas, passed away. However, it comes to life again in 2015 as Pete's daughters — Linda Tichenor, Virginia Castillo, and Barbara Douglas Riching — are working closely together to ensure the Bach's future. Pete’s middle daughter, Barbara, will succeed him as president of the Society. “My father created an incredibly special venue and it would be impossible for me to not continue his legacy,” said Riching. “There is no way I could ever replace him or the special spirit that he brought to the house, and we are extremely excited to begin a new era."
The Douglas Beach House will continue to be owned by the daughters. Riching is leading the charge in carrying on her father's vision of presenting jazz in a chamber-like setting, where both the musicians and audience can share an intimate experience. “I can’t begin to tell you how proud I am of my sisters for helping to make this happen. Despite the challenges, we never really wavered from ensuring that our dad’s legacy was preserved,” she said.
Thank you for your continued support!
Condolences and Memories
- Prentice "Pete" Douglas Obituary - Half Moon Bay Review - posted: July 16, 2014
- A Coastside original passes - Half Moon Bay Review - By Stacy Trevenon, July 16, 2014
- Memories of working with, and knowing Pete Douglas - by Larry Vuckovich, July 15, 2014
- Remembering Pete - by Sonya Jason, July 2014
- Pete Douglas dies, unforgettable owner of jazz venue Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society - MercuryNews.com - by Karen de Sá, July 21, 2014
- A Unique Person and Place - by Reggie Marshall, July 22, 2014 - Mars Booking
- Select emaiils July 19, 2014